- The research
- The research teams
Since 1970, the programs of archaeological excavation, analysis and publication developed at Chalain and Clairvaux have involved about 40 specialists and volunteers. These researchers are from the following institutions:
The Chronoecology Laboratory (UMR 6565, National Center for Scientific Research and the University of Franche-Comté).
UFR Sciences, La Bouloie
16, route de Gray
25030 Besançon Cedex
The following organizations have supported both research activities and public presentations:
- The Ministry of Culture, Archaeology Sub-Division
- The National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS)
- ("Life, Environment and Societies" Program)
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- (Social Sciences and Archaeology Division)
- The Regional Office for Cultural Affairs
- (Regional Archaeology Department and Regional Historical Monuments Department)
- The Franche-Comté Regional Council
- The Jura General Council
- The city of Lons-le-Saunier
- (Archaeology Museum)
- The Lake Region Community of Municipalities.
CNRS and University of Franche-Comté.
Studying a hearth at Chalain 2 C,
30th century BCE.